Do you like the look of a black leather couch, but prefer multi-functional furniture that can fit in compact spaces? This faux leather futon sofa lets you keep that modern, sophisticated style while also having a more versatile design.
5 Advantages of this Modern-Style Convertible Futon:
1. First of all, it has armrests and seat cushions that make it appear more like a traditional couch. Therefore, it doesn’t look like a cheap piece of furniture you’d find in a college dorm room.
2. Second, this sofa has a clean, simple design that allows it to work with virtually any home decor style. For example, you can dress it up or down with additional pillows or throw blankets. Plus, the color black never goes out of style
3. Third, the synthetic leather upholstery is easy to clean with a damp cloth. Plus, the sleek fabric wears well compared to softer microfiber material that may wear out faster. And, of course, the dark color hides dirt well.
4. Fourth, this futon features the ultra-convenient “click clack” technology. You simply push or raise the seat back into the desired position, and the bed clicks securely into place.
In other words, you don’t have to remove a bunch of cushions and pull out a heavy mattress. Nor do you have to unfold a bulky futon frame and adjust the bed to fit. This click clack futon sofa converts in seconds.
5. And fifth, fake leather definitely brings the cost down. Plus, the slimmer design helps this furniture fit better in small spaces and narrow rooms.
Drawbacks of this Black Faux Leather Futon:
1. First, the bed itself only measures about 4 feet wide. Therefore, it like will not fit 2 adults comfortably for sleeping. Not to mention, the cushion design creates a crease down the center of the bed.
Furthermore, this sofa is not very big overall. If you have the space and want a larger piece of furniture you can lounge on, you might like the Hartford Sectional Futon better. Plus, it comes with a matching storage ottoman.
2. Second, this leather couch does’t have thick, plush seat cushions like traditional models. Rather, the seat, back and armrests feel more firm.
That said, some people prefer the more supportive design and streamlined, modern look. (Or if you like more “cushioned” upholstery, check out the Sunrise Coast Futon.)
3. Third, the upholstery is not made with real leather. It doesn’t have that naturally worn, weathered look, not will it develop it over time. The sofa will keep its square shape and refined style.
Overall, this faux leather futon works well for people who appreciate the leather look but want to save money or need a smaller sofa. In addition, this couch gives you the opportunity to forgo buying a guest bed but still be able to give guests a place to sleep.
Specs for the Faux Leather Futon Sofa:
- Dimensions: 77.2″ Wide x 32.7″ Deep x 33.9″ Tall
- Weight: 81.4 lbs
- Seat Depth: 23″ Deep
- Seat Height: 14.5″ High
- Capacity: 3 People
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs
- Frame: Plywood
- Fill Material: 100% Foam
- Upholstery: 100% Polyurethane
- Color: Black
- Some Assembly Required
- Spot Clean with Damp Cloth & Mild Soap
- Product #: 249-05-0200
- Brand: Room Essentials (a Target Brand)
- Phone: 800-591-3869
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Faux Leather Futon